Join the 3S POS team!
3S POS is successful tech company, specialising in offering enterprise level EPOS solutions for the Hospitality industry.
If you have a passion for outstanding service and innovation through technology, we’d love to hear from you!
Take a look at our current vacancies.
IT / TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER
The industry-leading EPOS solutions provider 3S POS, is looking for a proactive and hands-on Technical Support Engineer as we grow and expand our team in our brand-new London office.
3S POS is a well-established privately-owned technology company specialising in providing powerful and feature-rich EPOS solutions for the Hospitality sector. With an in-house development team, we are constantly innovating and evolving our EPOS solutions. We pride ourselves in being a forward-thinking business with advanced customer customisation at the forefront of our development to always deliver market-leading point of sale technology.
This is the ideal role for an experienced and highly motivated individual, with excellent client-facing skills, broad but also in-depth systems and network knowledge who is looking for career advancement. The successful candidate will be confident and proactive in a technically diverse environment.
As the Technical Support Engineer, the daily duties and accountabilities mainly focus on:
● Providing 1st and 2nd line software and hardware technical support to hospitality clients, including high-end restaurants and quick service chains. Offering both physical and remote IT support across UK and Europe.
● Working with and reporting to senior company directors.
● End-to-end EPOS system configuration, setup and maintenance.
● Responsibility for client installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of software and hardware.
● Server management including DHCP servers, DNS, active directories and the performance of database maintenance tasks (Backups, restores, archiving, Indexing & scripting) to ensure high demand service.
● Remote customer support & training
● Onsite EPOS installation
● Onsite EPOS support and training
● Customer consultations, offering expert EPOS advice
● Documenting solutions and support procedures
Core competencies include:
● Excellent oral and written communication skills
● Collaborative, flexible and supportive
● Keen team player & proactive learner
● Solution-oriented and able to work in time-sensitive environment
● Able to lead situations with enthusiasm and initiative
● Reliable & responsible
● Self-led by integrity & respect
● Committed to delivering quality with keen eye for attention to detail
● Champions unrivalled service excellence
● Managing relationships with confidence
● Excellent organisational skills with ability to excel in fast paced challenging environment.
● Good knowledge in the windows and IOS environment and be able to troubleshoot difficult technical issues.
● Be able to configure and setup windows systems and servers.
● Candidate must have knowledge about network and IP setup, SQL query and general IT knowledge.
● Holds a relevant professional qualification or demonstrate sufficient field experience.
● Good experience in Windows Shell and any other scripting languages
● Good experience and ability to demonstrate knowledge in SQL databases
● Basic experience administering: Linux/Unix OR Microsoft Server
● Has a thorough knowledge of the appropriate information systems development processes or other skill areas which are relevant to the role including Agile processes
● Understanding of Configuration Management and the Software Development lifecycle.
● Demonstrates an aptitude for dealing with users, colleagues and suppliers. Has some experience of working on projects and of communicating with users on technical issues.
● Demonstrable experience of configuring & troubleshooting the following: Till hardware, PDQ machines, servers, printers and point of sale peripherals.
● A full UK driving licence
● Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in an installation and/or technical support environment, preferably within an EPOS provider.
● There will be an occasional requirement to travel and provide out of hours emergency support (evenings & weekends).
Our Team & Culture
We are a privately-owned company and aim to instil the family feel within our growing and highly talented team. This allows everyone to feel enabled and empowered to express creativity through initiative, build on our product, customer experience & brand.
Our team is very friendly, driven and supportive, with a strong emphasis on collaboration and communication.
We offer competitive compensation, pension scheme and most importantly a fun and professional working environment and plenty of room for development.
If this role sounds like a good fit, we would love to hear from you.
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 6pm Friday 31st August 2018.