IT MANAGER (DevOps Specialist)
The industry-leading EPOS solutions provider Software Solution Systems (3S), is offering a great opportunity for a hands-on IT manager with suitable DevOps experience to take ownership of their existing software production and back-office IT operations, having the ability to communicate and present ideas and solutions to the relevant directors, together with the confidence and skills to implement.
3S POS is an established technology company specialising in offering enterprise level EPOS solutions for the Hospitality industry. With an in-house development team, we are constantly innovating and evolving our EPOS solutions. We are a forward-thinking business with advanced customer customisation at the forefront of our development to always deliver market-leading point of sale technology.
Working as part of the IT Management team, the IT Manager’s role is to ensure IT service excellence is delivered to our business. The IT Manager would be expected to be an advocate and involved in all aspects of the ITIL discipline with adoption of Agile methodology.
The successful candidate would be expected to demonstrate strong process adherence, a commitment to process optimisation and show an ability to deal with ambiguity in high pressure situations. In the event of an outage, the Service Manager would coordinate the restoration of critical services as quickly as possible with minimal business disruption while maintaining open channels of communication.
As this role has responsibility for the restoration of global IT systems, some non-standard working hours should be expected on occasion.
To be successful within the role, the individual will be required to manage and work in close collaboration with several third-party vendors to achieve service excellence. This will require the individual to ensure consistent process across vendors, SLA compliance and to undertake service escalations as appropriate. IT manager will need to embrace SIAM (service integration and management) way of working as this will feature strongly in future deliveries.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Plan & manage organisation’s IT system effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing various technologies.
- Direct technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and client projects.
- Define project scope, objectives and milestones that deliver the business requirements.
- Completes projects by coordinating with senior management, staff and project timetables with clients and data centres.
- Verify application results by conducting system audits of implemented technologies.
- Lead, manage and consult cross-functional teams on concurrent projects to deliver defined outcomes, deliver services on time and within defined budget.
- Preserve assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Evaluate organizational trends and recommend strategic technologies.
- Achieve financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards and defined SLAs.
- Develop a medium to long term plan for IT, aligning with the business’s key focuses and goals.
- Responsible for all business communication technologies.
- Maintain a safe and secure work environment; to encourage recruitment, training and growth opportunities.
- Accomplishes information technology staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Report to Senior Technical Manager.
Core Competencies Include:
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of complex IT technical information and requirements.
- Good prioritisation skills and be flexible enough to adapt plans.
- Great IT skills combined with a good head for corporate environment.
- Ability to explain complex systems in simple terms to all key stakeholders.
- Understanding of Business policies and operating procedures.
- Well experience of different business ERP modules. Especially SCM & CRM.
- Having a good understanding to hospitality and retail business.
- Excellent command on structured databases. Application development life cycle.
- Hands on experience of ERP evaluation, analysis and implementation.
- Expertise in business intelligence and management reporting/analytics domains.
- Previous experience of leading IT projects in a matrix-management environment
- Prince2 / ITIL processes understanding and skilled to implement throughout the projects.
- An ability to work to tight deadlines and within constraints
- Relevant degree in a computer field is essential.
- SCM/CRM Certification of any ERP application.
- Five or more years of IT Management work experience.
- Hands on experience of IT Infra-Structure, Windows Server and Virtualization.
- Excellent knowledge of Datacentre design and development. Understanding of Environmental and security systems.
- Be comfortable with version control systems, ideally Git
- Be a self-learner and able to adapt to different software and requirements depending on projects
- Experience with databases and automation systems would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of Retail and Hospitality Industry would be beneficial.
Our Team & Culture
We are a privately-owned company and aim to instil the family feel within our growing and highly talented team. This allows everyone to feel enabled and empowered to express creativity through initiative, build on our product, customer experience & brand.
Our team is very friendly, driven and supportive, with a strong emphasis on collaboration and communication.
We offer competitive compensation, pension scheme and most importantly a fun and professional working environment and plenty of room for development.
Annual Salary Package: £40,000
Benefits: Benefits & Pension Scheme
If this role sounds like a good fit, we would love to hear from you.
Start Date: 01-06-2018
Closing Date: 30-07-2018
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 30th July 2018